VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR TECHNICAL SPECIALIST – HIV
FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources, and relationships so people everywhere have access to the opportunities they need to lead full and healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises, and strengthen community resilience. We share data-driven insights and scalable tools that expand access and equity so communities can effectively address complex challenges, respond to shocks, and achieve thriving futures.
FHI 360 has been working in Nepal since 1993. Together with the Government of Nepal (GoN), civil society, and the private sector, FHI 360 works collaboratively in the areas of HIV, family planning (FP)/reproductive health (RH), health security and one health, nutrition, COVID-19 response, procurement, and supply chain management, local capacity strengthening, civil society and media strengthening, governance reform, and the environment and climate change. We request applications from qualified individuals for short-term assignments as mentioned below:
Position: Technical Specialist – HIV
No. of vacancies: 2
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Technical Specialist–HIV is responsible for managing, capacity building and supportive supervision and onsite coaching to implementing partner (IPs) agencies sub-IPs to provide continuum of HIV prevention, care, support and treatment (CoPCT) services with quality.
- Identify needs for technical assistance (TA) in coordination with other members of the technical team to be supported by FHI 360.
- Support program team in providing in technical backstopping of IPs to ensure national protocols, standard operating procedures (SOP), and guidelines are followed for CoPCT activities.
- Organize training on HIV testing, counseling, and case management of HIV, peer navigation and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and other training related to CoPCT including test, treat and retention using updated training curriculum and manuals.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of field activities and assist FHI 360 IPs and sub-IPs in assessing their own performance, provide onsite coaching support and adjusting their activities clinical services on an ongoing basis to ensure impact, coverage, and quality of services.
- Conduct regular analysis of CoPCT cascade and service-related data and use and recommend for program improvement on regular basis.
- Regularly review the national and international literatures, journal articles, good practices and lessons learned and contribute to conduct technical updates and knowledge sharing session both within FHI 360 Nepal and national forum.
- Conduct clinical mentoring and supportive supervision of antiretroviral therapy (ART) centers and dispensing sites and conduct technical update session as well as Continuing Medical Education (CME) at ART centers.
- MBBS with master’s degree in public health or equivalent with three to four years of experience in HIV program including clinical management of HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), antiretroviral therapy preferred.
- Strong technical, analytical, clinical and public health knowledge and skills.
- Proactive in managing multiple tasks, managing, and working in the virtual work environment, and flexible and open for managing time for working with different teams in different time zones as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, team building and management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Nepali including documentation skills.
Application Submission: https://apply/Technical-Specialist-HIV/FHI-360
Deadline for Application Submission: 5:00 p.m. October 28, 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written tests and oral interviews. FHI 360 reserves the right to reject any or all applications received without explanation.