VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR
FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources, and relationships so people everywhere have access to the opportunities they need to lead full and healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises, and strengthen community resilience. We share data-driven insights and scalable tools that expand access and equity so communities can effectively address complex challenges, respond to shocks, and achieve thriving futures.
FHI 360 has been working in Nepal since 1993. Together with the Government of Nepal (GoN), civil society, and the private sector, FHI 360 works collaboratively in the areas of HIV, family planning (FP)/reproductive health (RH), health security and one health, nutrition, COVID-19 response, procurement, and supply chain management, local capacity strengthening, civil society and media strengthening, governance reform, and the environment and climate change. We request applications from qualified individuals for short-term assignments as mentioned below:
Position: Technical Advisor
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Technical Advisor is responsible for advising and leading HIV-related clinical activities carried out by FHI 360/EpiC Nepal by implementing U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) minimum program requirements as well as strategic priorities, approaches and activities. The Technical Advisor also provides technical assistance and guidance in designing implementing and monitoring the continuum of HIV prevention, care, support, and treatment (CoPCT) services as envisaged and planned in EpiC Nepal.
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring and documentation of CoPCT services under EpiC Nepal.
- Lead and coordinate to design, develop, implement, and monitor new and innovative strategies, approaches and technologies in CoPCT services including, but not limited to, self-testing, use of mobile phone and test for triage and provide and/or ensure technical support to EpiC IPs and sub-IPs for implementation of in new initiatives and technologies.
- Coordinate, provide and/or facilitate technical assistance to FHI 360/EpiC Nepal staff and partners.
- Ensure that project activities adhere to the World Health Organization (WHO), global and national strategies, or guidelines; and national and international standards are met.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical documents, program reports, monthly updates and documentation of technical/programs, best practices and operational research on a regular basis including paper publications, abstracts, newsletters, success stories, and reports.
- Coordinate and collaborate with FHI 360/EpiC headquarter (HQ) on technical issues and updates.
- Manage and supervise the technical unit.
- Contribute to develop country program strategy, operational plans and budgets.
- Provide technical leadership to identify key strategic interventions which can be implemented at the national level to strengthen the national response and in implementing FHI 360/EpiC Nepal program activities.
- Regularly coordinate with high-level Government officials from Ministry of Health and Population, and other relevant Ministries, National Centre for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC), National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) and other key stakeholders and technical agencies.
- Medical doctor with a Public Health degree with five to seven years of technical and program and team management experience in the health sector in Nepal in the field related to HIV and AIDS.
- Strong current technical knowledge of HIV clinical services.
- Ability to interact with technical experts at the national and international level including key technical staff from FHI 360 HQs, Regional Office and other FHI 360 country offices as well as other national and international technical agencies and stakeholders.
- Proactive in managing multiple tasks, managing, and working in the virtual work environment, and flexible and open for managing time for working with different teams in different time zones as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, team building and management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Nepali including documentation skills.
Application Submission: https://apply/Technical-Advisor/FHI360
Deadline for Application Submission: 5:00 p.m. October 28, 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written tests and oral interviews. FHI 360 reserves the right to reject any or all applications received without explanation.