VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MONITORING AND REPORTING OFFICER & DISTRICT OFFICER- DRR
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is implementing “Forecast based Anticipatory Actions” supported by World Food Programme Nepal in Sunsari and Saptari districts of Madhesh Pradesh. The major objective of program is to build Capacities for Anticipatory Action for Climate Resilience and Flood Response
The Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following positions:
1. Position: Monitoring and Reporting Officer
No. of vacancy: One
The Monitoring & Reporting Officer will be responsible for overall recording, report compilation, analysis, and sharing program details to concerned authorities as appropriate.
- Design the monitoring and evaluation mechanism for the project.
- The monitoring & reporting officer will have to develop the activities tools and will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating as well as tracking of the planned activities.
- Collect and analyze the data, prepare logical report, and submit to Project Manager.
- The position is based in District with frequent visit to the project area.
- Prepare periodical reports as per the agreement and the logical framework and the indicators with the funding agency.
- Based on facts and analyzed data, timely report to the PM on direction/trend of the project in terms of achieving goal and objectives.
- Orient the project staff on field level monitoring, and data collection methods.
- Prepare Issue and Risk Log
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the project to ensure effective implementation.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and Impact of the project
- Monitor the sustainability of the Project Results along with that monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Maintain all the documents and result of the project.
- Support to established information & insertion services at Palika’s.
- Ensure smooth operation of the project by providing necessary support to the team.
- Coordination with the Palika’s for implementing activities and ensuring achievement of the project.
- Collection & finalize case studies, best practices & learnings.
- Represent the organization at different forums, platforms, networks, and consultants and ensure meaningful participation.
- Other duties as per need.
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor in public health or relevant degree in any discipline from a recognized institute with 2 years of experience in working with I/NGOs in the similar field.
2. Position: District Officer-DRR
No. of vacancy: Two
Location: Saptari & Sunsari
The position will be mobilized in capacity building of LG’s on preparedness and Response and support in the integration in DRR Plan and Policy.
- Early Warning Monitoring: Monitor and analyze weather, climate, and other relevant early warning systems to stay updated on potential hazards and disaster risks. This includes keeping track of meteorological data, forecasts, and alerts.
- Coordination: Facilitate coordination and collaboration among various stakeholders, including local authorities, non-governmental organizations, and international agencies. Ensure that there is a unified approach to disaster risk reduction and response.
- Capacity Building: Provide training and capacity-building activities to enhance the disaster preparedness and response capabilities of local communities, government agencies, and humanitarian organizations.
- Community Feedback:Establish mechanisms for gathering feedback from affected communities regarding the effectiveness and relevance of anticipatory actions. The officer will use this feedback to improve future response plans.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct thorough risk assessments to understand the potential impact of forecasted events on communities and areas at risk. He/she will assess vulnerabilities, exposure, and the likelihood of various hazards.
- Community Engagement: Work closely with local communities and concerned stakeholders to raise awareness about the importance of early warning systems and forecast-based actions. He/she will also ensure that communities understand the risks and are actively involved in preparedness efforts.
- Action Planning:Collaborate with relevant partners to prepare plans that outline specific measures and activities to be taken in response to forecasted hazards. He/she will ensure that these plans are practical, feasible, and well-communicated.
The officer will also ensure that all project activities are conducted in accordance with ethical standards, respecting the rights and dignity of affected individuals and communities.
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in any discipline with 5 years of experience of managing nutrition and DRR relevant programs.
Aasaman has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of the job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Application Submission: Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV by 7 days through the link provided below
Deadline for Application Submission: 05:00 pm, 20 September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.